Cases such as fractures in teeth and jaw, joint malformations, or loss of teeth may occur as the result of traumas in mouth and around.
If you see any problem in teeth or jaws as the result of the trauma, you should visit your dentist.
What Are the Reasons of Functional Joint Malformations in Lower Jaw?
- Direct trauma on jaw or joint part (as the result of accident or impact)
- Habit of chewing on one side
- Missing teeth
- Grinding and clenching of the teeth (bruxism)
- Stress, depression etc.
- Nonphysiological mouth closing
- Developmental defects of joint (hypoplasia etc.)
- Degenerative joint disorders, osteoarthritis, arthrosis
- Autoimmune diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus
- Unknown factors